Singapore FinTech Festival 2023 To Focus on Promise and Pitfalls of AI
- The Capital Meets Policy Dialogue will assemble influential policymakers and investors to debate pressing challenges in capital investment, value creation, and policymaking relevant to AI.
- The Public-Private Roundtables will feature open public-private sector leadership dialogues to produce actionable outcomes, ranging from whitepapers to announcements of new commitments.
The Signature SFF Conference
5The SFF Conference, which will run from 15 to 17 November, will feature over 800+ speakers across 300+ hours of content, covering eight themes:
- Responsible Tokenisation
- Beneficial AI
- Accelerating ESG
- Efficient Payments
- Scaling Insurances and Pension
- Digitising Inclusion
- Advancing Talent
- Empowering Entrepreneurship
6Headline speakers at the Conference include:
- Kristalina Georgieva, Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund
- Ajay Banga, President of the World Bank
- Tharman Shanmugaratnam, President of the Republic of Singapore
7Other notable speakers are as follows (longer list in the Annex):
- Jeremy Allaire, Co-founder, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Circle
- Manu Chopra, Chief Executive Officer, Karya
- Dr Deng Yaping, Olympic Champion & Table Tennis Grand Slam Winner, DYP Sports Investment Fund
- Thomas Dohmke, Chief Executive Officer, GitHub
- Datuk Abdul Rasheed Ghaffour, Governor, Central Bank of Malaysia
- Eric Jing, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Ant Group
- Shekhar Kapur, Film, TV, Theatre Director & Producer
- Jeff Lawson, Co-founder, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Twilio
- Nadiem Makarim, Minister of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology, Republic of Indonesia
- H.E. Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr., President of the Republic of the Philippines*
- Mairead McGuinness, Commissioner Financial Services, Financial Stability & Capital Markets Union, European Commission
- Ravi Menon, Managing Director, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Dr Margaret Mitchell, Chief Ethics Scientist, Hugging Face
- John Rwangombwa, Governor, National Bank of Rwanda
- Jack Selby, Managing Director, Thiel Capital LLC
- Achim Steiner, Administrator, United Nations Development Programme*
- François Villeroy de Galhau, Governor, Banque de France*
- Anil Wadhwani, Chief Executive Officer, Prudential plc
- Perry Warjiyo, Governor, Bank Indonesia
- Bill Winters, Group Chief Executive, Standard Chartered
8The SFF Exhibition will host a record number of close to 700 exhibitors and 36 international pavilions across five thematic zones – Technology, ESG, Founders, Regulation and Talent. There will be personalised meeting opportunities for attendees to connect with top-level investors in the Founders Zone, industry leaders and mentors in the Talent Zone, and regulators and central bankers from over 30 jurisdictions in the Regulation Zone.
9The Innovation Lab Crawl will take place during 14 to 17 NovemberThe week-long Innovation Lab Crawl will run for the full day on 14 November, and run only in the afternoons during the SFF 2023 Conference, between 15-17 November. View the full schedule here: . With 25 participating organisations, attendees will be able to explore innovation labs across the island and witness up-and-coming projects and innovations in the FinTech industry.
Continuing its emphasis on skills and knowledge development, SFF 2023 will offer Certificate Programmes delivered in partnership with top universities in Singapore. These courses include upskilling opportunities on ChatGPT and AI in Finance with the Asian Institute of Digital Finance, National University of Singapore, and Green and Sustainable Finance 101 with SMU Academy, Singapore Management UniversityView the full list of educational programmes running in partnership with SFF here: .
11SFF 2023 will also see the launch of The Big Spark, a new business television show produced by Mediacorp in partnership with SFF and TiE Global SummitLearn more about TiE Global Summit here: . The eight-episode series will spotlight Southeast Asia startups – throughout the series, pre-seed to Series-A startups will gain real-world business advice from industry mentors and experts as they pitch to seasoned investors who have committed to invest more than S$1 million in these emerging enterprises. The filming for the show will start at the SFF, and the show is set to air on Channel NewsAsia in 2024.
Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer of MAS and Chairman of Elevandi Board, said, “The FinTech industry is poised for another major transformation, thanks to recent advances in artificial intelligence. This will usher in a new era of financial innovation and transformation. SFF 2023 will continue to be at the forefront of this global conversation, bringing together visionary leaders from civil society, technology, financial institutions, government, investment, and entrepreneurship to drive meaningful change and create a secure future for all.”
Paul Lee, Chief Executive (Markets) at Constellar, said, “The continued growth of SFF year-on-year is a testament to the innovation and resilience of the global FinTech community. This drives us to continue evolving the festival experience, building a safe space for curating meaningful conversations to create and unlock value for our industry stakeholders. We look forward to bolstering the FinTech ecosystem by bringing together emerging technologies and fostering impactful connections at this edition of SFF, accelerating partnerships and catalysing collaborations that will redefine the future of financial services.”