ESMA appoints new member to its Management Board
The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), the EU’s financial markets regulator and supervisor, has elected a new member to its Management Board to replace an outgoing member who has stepped down from his position. The election took place at the Board of Supervisors meeting in Paris on 14 December and the successful candidate, who will serve the remainder of the outgoing member’s term until 30 June 2023, is:
Jos Heuvelman, Autoriteit Financiële Markten (AFM)
The outgoing member is Vojtěch Belling, Česká národní banka (CNB), who was appointed as ESMA’s Vice-Chair at the Board of Supervisors meeting in Prague on 15 November 2022.
The Management Board, chaired by Verena Ross, Chair of ESMA, is responsible for ensuring that the Authority carries out its mission and performs the tasks assigned to it under its founding Regulation. The Management Board now consists of:
• Verena Ross, European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA);
• Jos Heuvelman, Autoriteit Financiële Markten (AFM), The Netherlands
• Thorsten Pötzsch, Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BaFin), Germany;
• Derville Rowland, Central Bank of Ireland;
• Vasiliki Lazarakou, Ελληνική Επιτροπή Κεφαλαιαγοράς (HCMC), Greece;
• Rodrigo Buenaventura, Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (CNMV), Spain;
• Eduard Müller, Finanzmarktaufsicht (FMA), Austria
• Natasha Cazenave, European Securities and Markets Authority (non-voting),
• Vojtěch Belling, Česká národní banka (CNB), Czechia, (non-voting), and
• A European Commission representative (non-voting).